After you have figured out your Insurance, understanding our billing will be very easy. All patients are required to register for a Patient Ally account. This is a secure messaging portal that allows us to gather your intake paperwork, deliver your exercises and summary of treatment each visit, and automatically deliver charges to you and allow you to pay your bill. It is all online, and very easy and direct. This also massively reduces our use of paper and the fuel needed to deliver bills by traditional mail. In short, it is an overall better process for everyone. We are always trying to make things easier for you and understand not everyone will enjoy the online process. We can bill traditionally if that is easier for you.
Here is some terminology that will help:
- Claim: This is our bill that we send to insurance
- EOB (Explanation of Benefits): This is a letter the insurance company sends to us and you. It is them telling us how much they will pay and how much you need to pay.
- DrChrono: This is the electronic health care and billing system we use to take chart notes and bill out you and the insurance company. Onpatient is your private portal for your records and bills in our DrChrono system.
Here is our billing system, if it seems simple, that is on purpose:
- After your visit, we submit your claim to insurance company electronically
- The insurance company takes the better part of a decade to do anything with it
- The insurance company sends us an EOB saying how much they will pay and how much you owe
- We enter that into DrChrono
- Your Onpatient account will be updated automatically with what you owe and then email you.
- Sign in, see what you owe, and pay online.